Parque Batlle (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈparke ˈβatʎe]), formerly Parque de los Aliados (Allied Park), is a barrio (neighbourhood or district) and a major public central park in Montevideo, Uruguay. It is named in honour of José Batlle y Ordóñez, President of Uruguay from 1911–1915.
The barrio is located south of Italia Avenue and north of Rivera Avenue and includes the districts Belgrano, Italiano, Villa Dolores and the park area. It borders the barrios Tres Cruces to the west and north, La Blanqueada and Unión to the north, Buceo to the east and Pocitos to the south.
The park covers an area of 60 hectares (150 acres) and is considered the „lung“ of Montevideo owing to the large variety of trees planted here football uniform companies. It is home to the Estadio Centenario national football stadium, as well as the national monument „La Carreta“.
In 1907, Pablo Nereo Gabriel Antonio Pereira (1838–1906) donated eleven acres of his land, which was then named after him as „Campo Pereira,“ for a building a park, to the Economic Management Board, and the idea of a park was created by an Act of March 1907 which also projected wide boulevards and avenues. The project’s landscape French architect, Carlos Thays, began the plantings in 1911 and completed it with all the attendant embellishments required for a park. In 1918, the park was named „Allied Park,“ following the allied Army winning the World War I thus honouring the heroes of the Allied Forces. The park was further expanded to the present status, which covers an area of 60 hectares (150 acres). This extension was made possible owing to an estate that Antonio Pereira in his „Will“ had bequeathed partly to the municipality in May 1930. The Board then further acquired more land and created the Great Park Pereira seen in its present status. May 5, 1930, it was again renamed as Parque Batlle y Ordóñez, in memory of the prominent Politician and President of Uruguay, who had died in 1929. In the same year, the Estadio Centenario was opened. Between 1935 and 1938, the athletics track and the municipal velodrome were completed. It was designated a National Historic Monument Park in 1975.
Parque Battle is counted as one of the seven coastal barrios, along with Punta Carretas, Pocitos, Buceo, Malvín, Punta Gorda and Carrasco. It is characterized as being of high population density and most of the households are of medium-high- or high-income. According to Administración Nacional de Educación Pública (ANEP) of Uruguay, the Parque Batlle school district, Villa Dolores, was ranked 55 of 60 for the period of 1990–1999.
Along with Parque Prado and Parque Rodó, Batlle is one of three large parks that dominate Montevideo. The park contains the 70,000 seat Estadio Centenario, built for the first soccer world cup in 1930, which is both the national football stadium and it contains a football museum. There is also the Tabaré Athletic Club which is occasionally made over as a carnival theatre using impermanent materials. The Municipal Velodrome, two smaller stadiums (the Parque Palermo and the Parque Luis Méndez Piana), and a target shooting facility are additional attractions. It is an ideal place for walking, hiking or exercise and enjoy the fresh air provided by the wooded area.
Villa Dolores is a district of Parque Batlle. It took its name from the original Villa of Don Alejo Rossell y Rius and of Doña Dolores Pereira de Rossel who started there a private collection of animals which became a zoological garden. It was passed to the city in 1919, and in 1955 the Planetarium of Montevideo was built within its premises.
In 1934, „La Carreta“, a bronze monument on granite base by José Belloni was introduced. The monument, one of several statues in the park, is located on Avenida Lorenzo Merola near Estadio Centenario and depicts yoked oxen pulling a loaded wagon. It was designated a national monument in 1976 authentic football jerseys. Another statue in the same side of the park is a bronze copy of the Discobolus of Myron.
On the West side of Parque Batlle, on Artigas Boulevard, there is the Obelisk of Montevideo, a monument dedicated to those who created the first Constitution and inaugurated in 1938. It is a monumental work of the sculptor José Luis Zorrilla de San Martín (1891–1975). It is a three-sided obelisk made of granite, 40 metres (130 ft) tall with 3 bronze statues on its sides, representing „Law“, „Liberty“ and „Force.“ It has a hexagonal water fountain around it with six spheres on its outer circumference. It is located at the intersection of 18 de Julio and Artigas Boulevard avenues, in Montevideo, at the entrance of the Parque Batlle area. It is a National Heritage Site since 1976.
Apart from the stadium goalkeeper gloves online, the area around the park has many buildings notable for their architecture and style. Among them are several hospitals, the biggest of which is the Hospital de Clínicas of the Faculty of Medicine of the University and a Site of Municipal Interest since 1995, the Italian Hospital and Hospital Pereira Rossell (next to the obelisk), the Hospital Británico, a National Heritage Site since 1975, the Sanatorio Americano, Médica Uruguaya to the west of the northwest point of the park and others. Two other National Heritage Sites, both opposite the Estadio Centenario waterproof cover for bag, are Conedor Universitario No. 2 (the Canteen of the University) and the Instituto de Higiene.
Théodore (ou Théaude) de Valpergue (ou Valpargue) est un noble français du XVe siècle bailli de Mâcon, sénéchal et capitaine de Lyon (? – vers 1461).
Il épouse Louise de Saint-Priest, veuve de Randon baron de Joyeuse, sans avoir d’enfants.
Issue de la branche cadette d’une famille noble de la région d’Ivrée dans la Piémont, lui et son frère Boniface arrivent en France au sein de l’armée du Duc de Milan dishwasher safe meat tenderizer, Philippe Marie Visconti, sous les ordres du capitaine Le Borgne de Caqueran. Humbert de Grolée, alors sénéchal de Lyon, utilise ces troupes en 1422 et 1423, notamment lors de la défaite de Cravant du 31 juillet 1423 infligée par Jean II de Toulongeon authentic football jerseys, maréchal de Bourgogne. Ces mêmes troupes remportent ensuite une bataille contre ce même Toulongeon qu’il capturent lors de la bataille de la Buissière le 31 août 1423.
Les troupes lombardes subissent ensuite la défaite de Verneuil du 17 août 1424 et suivent Charles VII à Poitiers au printemps 1525. Valpergue fait partie de proche de Charles de Bourbon, favorable à la négociation avec la Bourgogne.
Valpergue va en renfort à Orléans assiégé en octobre 1428 et participe à une sortie en janvier 1429. Il est à la „journée des Harengs“ avec le Comte de Clermont et La Fayette. Il ne semble pas suivre Jeanne d’Arc par la suite mais la retrouve en mai 1430 à la défense de Compiègne. L’année suivante, il est à Lille lors de la signature de la trêve avec les bourguignons.
Il est sénéchal et capitaine de Lyon de février 1435 à la fin de 1458 ; nommé sur proposition de Charles de Bourbon sénéchal de Lyon après la mort de Grolée en février 1435, durant la conférence de Nevers préparatoire au traité d’Arras.
Il arrive à Lyon le 11 mars 1435 et est nommé capitaine de la ville le lendemain. Il est rarement dans sa ville, très occupé par des missions militaires ou diplomatiques. Il n’est possible de savoir s’il est présent lors du soulèvement de 1436 et de la répression qui s’en suivi. Il entreprend ensuite plusieurs actions pour écarter les écorcheurs de la cité, notamment par la négociation en 1438 à Beaune.
Il est présent au siège de Pontoise lors de l’été 1441. Il fait partie de la garde chargée de surveiller le dauphin Louis après la praguerie de 1440. Délégué en Armagnac, il en est gouverneur entre 1443 et 1446. En 1449, il est dans la suite de Charles VII lors de son entrée solennelle à Rouen.
En juin – juillet 1450, il participe au siège de Caen, puis il accompagne Jacques de Chabannes en Guyenne, obtenant les redditions de Fronsac et Bayonne l’année suivante. Il est à nouveau en Guyenne en 1453 pour renforcer les fortifications de Bordeaux. Toujours en Armagnac, il combat avec Joachim Rouault à Lectoure en 1455.
Il abandonne son poste de sénéchal de Lyon en 1458 pour prendre le poste de gouverneur de Bayonne tenu par son frère Boniface qui vient de décéder.
WJQZ (103.5 FM) is a radio station broadcasting an Oldies format. Licensed to Wellsville, New York, USA, the station serves the Olean area. The station is currently owned by Dbm Communications, Inc. and features programming from ABC Radio .
WJQZ, in Wellsville authentic football jerseys, NY, went on the air at 5AM February 3, 1986, at a frequency of 93.5FM. It was Allegany County’s first commercial FM radio station. The founders and owners of WJQZ were Michael T. Baldwin and G. Robert Weigand (1945-2007), founder of several radio stations in rural Western New York. The station first broadcast with an operating power of 3,000 watts with its transmitter located on Madison Hill Road in Wellsville and its operating studios at 82 Railroad Avenue in Wellsville. Discussion of creating the radio station first began in March 1984, and its construction permit was granted by the FCC on April 15, 1985. The call letters of WJQZ have no particular meaning; the letters were simply available because J, Q and Z happen to be the least-used letters in the English language. The radio station originally presented with an adult contemporary music format. The first song ever heard on WJQZ, with Baldwin at the disc jockey position, was The Carpenters, „We’ve Only Just Begun.“ After a great run, the radio station was sold on October 31, 1990, to Erin Communications, Inc. which eventually changed frequency from 93 t shirt soccer designs.5 to 103.5 and doubled its power.
The 93.5 frequency in Wellsville is now WQRW, an adult contemporary station that signed on in 2007.
Baron Hermann von Soden (16 August 1852 – 15 January 1914) was a German Biblical scholar, minister, professor of divinity, and textual theorist.
Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, on August 16, 1852, Soden was educated at the University of Tübingen. In 1881 he was appointed as the minister at Dresden-Striesen and in 1887 he became minister of the Jerusalem Church in Berlin. In 1889 he also became a privatdozent, a form of tutor, in the University of Berlin, and four years later was appointed as an extraordinary professor of divinity. He fought for a more presbyterian and democratic constitution in the congregations of the Evangelical State Church of Prussia’s older Provinces. His grave is preserved in the Protestant Friedhof II der Jerusalems- und Neuen Kirchengemeinde (Cemetery No. II of the congregations of the Jerusalem’s Church and the New Church) in Berlin-Kreuzberg, south of the Hallesches Tor.
Soden introduced a new notation of manuscripts and also developed a new theory of textual history. He believed that in the 4th century there were in existence three recensions of the text authentic football jerseys, which he distinguished as K, H and I. After establishing the text of I, H and K, Soden reconstructed a hypothetical text, I-H-K, which he believed to have been their ancestor. He then tried to show that this text was known to all the writers of the 2nd and 3rd centuries
Soden died in a railway accident in Berlin on January 15, 1914. His descendant Wolfram von Soden became a noted Assyriologist.
His most important book is Die Schriften des neuen Testaments, in ihrer ältesten erreichbaren Textgestalt / hergestellt auf Grund ihrer Textgeschichte (4 vols. Link Bracelet, Berlin: Glaue, 1902-1910); certainly the most important work on the text of the New Testament which had been published since Westcott and Hort’s The New Testament in the Original Greekmeat tenderizer attachment. Other works include: